Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Good News

I've been thinking about becoming an English Teacher.  I would teach English to Japanese.  I have "found" a student, Takayo, through a friend.  Since I have never done this before, my friend, Ashlee, let me practice on her student, Maki, today.  We were at Ashlee's, Maki and I were talking, I was asking a ton of questions and so on...  It turns out that Maki is a piano instructor and she has a three year old daughter, Ericka (not very Japanese I know).  Maki had a proposal -  she would come over to our house and teach piano to Megan if I "taught" English to Ericka.  And by teach she means to play with Ericka in English (colors, shapes, numbers, etc.)  while Maki and Megan are practicing piano.  

Not only am I earning money (a measly 2,500 yen a week I know, but better than nothing), there is a possibility that we won't have to pay for piano lessons anymore, and that is a BIG relief.  Of course, that depends on if Megan and Maki are a good fit.  Paul is pretty stuck on staying with Aiko, Megan's instructor now, because she has a lot of patience with Megan.  So I told him to make sure he is here when Maki comes, so he can see how nice and how great she is.  Keep your fingers crossed!  

1 comment:

Jess said...

crossed.