Friday, September 19, 2008

Am I a Christian?

I don't know...do I believe in Jesus Christ, Gods only son?  

Yes.

Do I believe he died for ME? To save my sorry butt?  

Most of the time.

But I also respect Muslims and Jews, they worship the same God we do....do I think they are wrong?  No....not really.  The Koran says to kill the non believers...Oh, that's soooo wrong.  But it's ok for us to stone adulterers?  Why?  Because the Bible said so....oh, really?  Which version?  Because they are all different.  What do you believe then?  What some backwoods preacher tells you to believe?  Am I less of a Christian because I don't wear weird dresses and use birth control?  Or because I can respect other peoples beliefs? 

I strongly believe that people who have these opinions are bigoted, and not Christian at all. Because I was baptized as an infant I'm not a "real" Christian?  Give me an f'ing break and get over yourself.  Isn't God a kind, loving god?  Where on earth do these people come from then?  Which Bible are you getting your information from?  The King James?  the NEW King James?  the NIV?  Or one of the many gospels that were left out?  


Ok, I'm done now...*whew*

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I see what you're saying...however Muslims and Jews don't worship the same god as each other and they don't worship the same God that Christians do. Muslims worship Allah (who is dead), Jews worship Jehovah (who they fail to realize IS Jesus Christ), and Christians worship Jesus (who is God and who died for us). The thing about stoning adulterers...well, that was under Old Testament law for the Jewish people, and it really helped to discourage adultery (I suppose it would to anyone really), but now we live in a time of grace. Jesus brought everyone out from under that old Jewish law into a time of forgiveness and grace through Him. As far as versions go, it would take a TON of time to explain why the King James Bible is the Word of God and the other versions are just messing with peoples heads. Basically, the King James Bible is the only version today that comes from a pure manuscript. The other versions are from corrupt manuscripts that have no credit.

I believe that what you DO doesn't make you a Christian...so not wearing dresses, using birth control, etc doesn't make you any less a Christian than someone else. Baptism has NOTHING to do with salvation at all. Baptistm is simply a picture that you have trusted Christ as your Saviour. Being a Christian has everything to do with trusting Jesus as your Saviour. That's it. What you do with your life from that point on is up to you, but living for Him is definitely the way to please Him.

Anyways I'm respectful of other people. I have many friends that believe differently than I do. As I read the Bible I see that Jesus is indeed the only way to Heaven and peace with God...so that means a lot of what other people believe is wrong, and no, I don't support it, and yes, I'd try to tell them the truth in love if they asked me. However I just try to love them and live before them as I should. I think a true Christian is going to be someone who is the most loving and caring person out there. They won't be cowards when it comes to sharing their faith, but if they're mature in Christ they won't try to shove it down anyone's throat.

So, yep, your post was really interesting today and I just thought I'd comment. Sorry it's so long! :P