Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm not that kind of mom.

Ok, so most of the time, I don't mind having the girls around. They are cute, and they amuse me. And while there are moments when I wish them on my worst enemy (tee-hee), for the most part, they are pretty cool little dudettes. However, I am not one of those mommy moms. I took Maddie to this "PT Tots" class, there were a bunch of soft gym things for little ones to climb and play on. I thought, great, she'll have a blast. Only, we had to do "circle time". I know that the concept of connecting with your community through a circle has roots in the ancient world. I just don't buy it with a bunch of 18 month olds though. She wanted no part of it, she just wanted to play. So I let her play, while all the other parents and kids were singing "The Wheels on the Bus" I was NOT singing and Maddie was playing happily. I don't WANT to sing stupid kid songs. I don't WANT to run around a gym clapping my hands trying to get Maddie to do the same thing. So I don't quite understand the looks I was getting from the other moms.....:) We did our own thing, and we were happy.

No comments: